Skip to main content

The start of something new


3 inch by 3 inch, inks and acrylics
(Ink Smalls, 3" x 3" paintings I make by the bushel with ink and acrylic, I like to think of them as Moments of Impulse put to paper)

Hello and welcome to my new Experience. (Experience with a Capital E because I capitalize words as I type that are capitalized in my thoughts. I would normally edit it out, But I'll be lowering some of my filters for this blog, For the work I will be producing.)

This Experience will be the explorations and investigations of Intermedia and Performance Art in my final Block of Cornell College: ART 306 Intermedia Art. I can not predict what kind of work I'll produce, nor what exactly i'll be sharing on this blog, But I know It will be fun!

At this moment, I know Performance art to be Action of art as much as it is a Product of art. In some cases, It is movement, sound, activity and experience, Some times it has audiences, is video taped, or recorded, shared into posterity and view-able, knowable separate from  the Performer's physical presence. Some can only be experienced once, a single happening that can never be experienced in the same way or context again.

It takes some amount of willingness to play along, to see performance art as a worthwhile expenditure of effort and attention. I hope I have it in me to play along and learn all I can learn in this final month at Cornell, and I hope you are willing to play along with the work I will create, craft and Document.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project Three, Audience Reciprocation

Coming soon! A score from Five friendly classmates in the spirit of Fluxus and John Cage Above you can see the guidelines, the score we crafted together. It guided our Moments in spirit, if not directly as we had integrated elements of chance, random operations. Primarily through the Interactions and reactions experienced between the artists as we performed. Of note is the labeling of our performers as Audience, And a 'Choosey Audience' behind them. As I see it, our performers were viewing and experiencing the moments created by our actions just as much, if not more, than the audience who ere not making sounds, who were only drinking in the experience. we drank in each other's actions, followed light guidance from our member, jasper, and then gave back and reciprocated the experience.  Here is this Reciprocation.  

Side Project: Neuro Da Verse Poetry for a Different Brain

Neuro Da Verse is the capstone project of my BSS Advocation for Neurodiversity through the Arts. It is a showcase of the type of advocacy and activism he wishes to strive towards in my career. My experience with Performance art will hopefully feed into my quest to create workshops, art projects and collaborations that Facilitate effective self advocation and Self Expression. Featuring Five Neurodiverse Cornellian Poets,  Neuro Da Verse  is a celebration of our different brains, and poetry that we used to explore, express, and advocate for ourselves throughout our lives. Our Poets will share personal narratives and poetic pieces that speak to their own unique experiences and circumstances. Our goal is to garner respect for the power of creativity in the hands of the Neurodiverse, and to call our audience to action in supporting the neurodiverse poets and artists in their lives. Featured Poets: Chris Ryerson Armani Rogers Lily Cott Ujjesa Dhanak Zar